Re: draft-nordmark-multi6-sim-00.txt

> The concern was regarding the hardware already in the factory, which took a
> long time to be designed, not considering extension headers, so if we use
> them, it should be a firmware process, instead of hardware based, with the
> consequent lower performance.

Yes, but routers don't look at any extension headers (except the hop-by-hop
header) in the forwarding path.

Thus the only issues I can think of here is the desire to do
QoS classification or (firewall) filtering on ULP header fields.
I don't know what classes of routers support such things at wire-speed
today.
Are there other issues?

  Erik