Re: About carring information in the next header value

> Erik, I like your draft

which one of the four :-)

> but I think this is useful once both
> peers have already obtained the state. I don't know if somebody else
> has asked you this, but I think this draft is weak on the stablishment
> of the states, because until you aren't able to re-write, you still have
> all the problems the muli6 WG is trying to solve.

Not so because the behavior is transparent to the ULP.
Thus the ULP is operating using some AID and underneath it the M6 layer
will, until state has been establishes, try different locators for the peer.

In NOID and CB64 there are probably some scenarious related to locator failures
that need some more thought (and the specifications don't state which end is
responsible for retransmitting). In SIM (or any approach which has the
initiator explicitly starting the context creation exchange) I think locator
rewriting can be enabled during that exchange, with perhaps the need for a
challenge if the locators actually change during the exchange.

FWIW the optimization to not perform the challenge immediately when
a host-pair context is created does add some complications.
But I think this optimization is important to not incur public key
operations for every context that is created.

   Erik