Re: Alternatives to source address rewriting (was RE: Preserving established communications (was RE: about draft-nordmark-multi6-noid-00)

marcelo;

I actually currently trying to understand what will all be needed
to provide
flexible source address based routing. For instance,
- is there an impact on routing protocols needing to carry additional
  information?

Source address based routing needs as many routes as different prefixes it
has configured, ok?
For example, if a site is dual homed and it has two different prefixes, then
the source address based routing system requires two routes.
Moreover, these routes have to point to the site exit router corresponding
to the ISP that has delegated the prefix.

And the site exit router is determined by the destination address.

This don't need to be dynamic, since the isp that delegated the prefix
doesn't change

Wrong. Source address is not an independent variable. Destination address is.

So i guess that there is no need for special routing protocols to support
source address based routing

Yes, of course. We can just use an existing or a new routing protocol to compute the proper source address for a destination address.

Masataka Ohta