RE: survivability, rewriting

> My question is why don't just send a replicated data packet instead of
> pings?
> I mean, i have a hint that something is wrong, so if i have data packet
> available, i send it replicated as many times as possible source dest
> address combinations i have available.

That can work as long as you can tell from the returned packets which
of the replicated data packets made it.
I think this is hard. If you take a ULP packet and send it with different
src/dst locators and then after one RTT there is a response (a ULP ack for
instance) how can you tell which of the src/dst locator pairs worked?

The scheme does work when the ULP has been designed with this in mind
as in SCTP, but for other ULPs I think you need to add something
akin to the icmp echo sequence number that would be returned in the responses.

It might be easier to just use separate packets for the "pings".

  Erik