Re: Locator Pool Reference ID

Dave;

I finally realized that we already have such a construct readily
available, and we have many years of experience using it:

     Connection ID:
     (Protocol, Remote IP, Remote Port, Local IP, Local Port).

This is plenty of granularity.

and IP, here, is used as ID. So,

     Connection ID:
     (Protocol, Remote ID, Remote Port, Local ID, Local Port).

is the answer.

I should also note that a using an address pool in any manner that is
interesting -- that is, beyond its serving as a supply of fallback
locators to be used only when the current one fails -- will likely
break congestion control mechanisms. Each locator will demonstrate
different congestion characteristics and the blind aggregation of them
will confuse any algorithm trying to analyze the situation.

As I already noted, path change without locator change also changes congenstion characteristics that it is a problem of transport not specific to multi6.

On the other hand, it is a protection agaist redirecting burst
attack to slow start at locator changes.

However, slow start costs performance.

Masataka Ohta