Re: Some Comments on ID/Loc Separation Proposals

> I will suggest again that we take "identifier" to mean "name with basically
> no properties/functionalities" (other than identfying the thing which it
> names). To allow me to be precise hereo, I'll use the term "NF-identifier"
> when I want this meaning.

Two points

The folks in this WG seems to have gravitated to using
the term "identifier" to mean the name of a host (or stack).
I sometimes use the term "IP identifier" to make it clear where in the
stack it is relevant.
I don't know if it makes sense to use some other term at this point in time;
we do need to know what we mean and write it down.

I don't know if there is any utility to NF-identifiers.
All uses of identifiers I can think of at least need some way to
verify to whom the identifier has been assigned. That might be because I'm
thinking about what you call names of objects and not pure identifiers.
Thus knowing where an NF-identifier would be useful would help clarify
things in my head.

  Erik