Re: delayed multihoming/mobility set-up

Dave;

CH> ... which is why I am convinced that the solution to preserving existing
CH> communication is closest to "transport protocols" than "routing
CH> protocols".

Many scenarios do not require the fast switchover that is being
discussed here.  For them, the IP-Endpoint (shim) module works fine,

You implicitely assume TCP and its defact default timing, which is no good for various applications. Such senario MUST be taken care of not at the IP but at the TCP layer.

for mobility an for multihoming that is used for fall-back
reliability.

Mixing timing for mobility and multhoming only confuses everything.

For example, mobility needs mobility, not fall-back reliability.

Masataka Ohta