RE: additional attack for multi6 threat draft?

Hi Spencer,

My interpretation of Masataka comment is the following

When you communicate with another host, you exchange packets with it, so
basically you are performing RR check since you are able to actually
exchange packets. Is this what you meant Masataka?

The problem in multi6 is that since we may need to change the locator during
the lifetime of an established asociation, we may still think that we are
communication with the initial locator while in reallity packets are being
diverted to a new alternative address. In this case, the implicit RR check
is being performed to new locator and not to the initial locator that the
initiating entities think they are communicating to.

So IMHO RR is good to verify locators but not so good to verify identities

Hope this makes some sense

regards, marcelo