Re: Terminology [Re: Some Comments on ID/Loc Separation Proposals]

marcelo;

What's wrong with the "end system", which is the most authentic
terminology directly related to the end to end principle?

i guess there is nothing wrong with it, as long as we define it precisely.

It is a word appears in RFC1958, editor of which is Brian.

could you provide a definition of what do you mean by end system? would it
be similar to JNC's endpoint definiton? or NSRG stack definition?

As I searched reference of the RFC, "end point" seems to be an alternative wording of "end system" that if JNC is saying "endpoint" with the difinition of Saltzer's paper, that is fine.

Forget NSRG.

Masataka Ohta