RE: [Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-00.txt]

Hi,

i think this draft will be useful

I have some additional questions for your consideration:

- Is the multi-homing solution IPv6 only or can it also be used with IPv4?
I know this is multi6, but it is probably interesting to know if the
solution can be applied to IPv4

- Does your solution applies to all type of sites?, for instance is your
solution suitable for very small sites? (does it requires an expert
administrator o very powerful equipment) is your solution siutable for very
large sites?

- About incremental deployment, i think that there are different ideas about
what incremental deployment means. So perhaps we could ask more specific
question (in addition) like:
     - Does your solution imposes changes outside the multi-homed site?
            - what do you need to change in the mh site? in particular if
you plug in a non upgraded IPv6 node, does it work properly? can it
communicate outside the mhsite? does it obtain multi-homing benefits?
     - Does your solution requires some global infrastructure to start
working? like a new global DNS like system, or it allows two upgraded nodes
to communicate with each other without any additional infrastructure

- If your solution preserves established communications, does it introduces
overhead? additional data? additional processing in the nodes? How does your
solution distributes the overhead? does it imposes additional overhead on a
per communication basis or a per node basis? does it imposes extra overhead
to all communications? does it imposes additional overhead for those
communications that don't suffer an outage along its path? does it only
imposes overhead after the outage?

- Impact od DNS, does you solution will impose an additional significant
stress to the DNS system? like how much more DNS queries are expected

Regards, marcelo

ink-about-00.txt

To remove yourself from the IETF Announcement list, send a message to
ietf-announce-request with the word unsubscribe in the body of the message.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-00.txt".

http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html

Send a message to:
	mailserv@ietf.org.
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-lear-multi6-things-to-think-about-00.txt".

NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	how to manipulate these messages.

Internet-Draft.