Invitation for "Joint Network Management" meeting

During the TMNSNMP BOF at the 46th IETF Meeting in Adelaide,
we discussed some "joint" work that is going on in the
Network Management area.

Various technical people who normally attend Tiphon, ITU, ETSI, T1M1,
have started a series of so called "Joint Network Management" meetings.
They have also invited technical contribution from subject matter
experts who are active in the IETF.

The relevant IETF Area Directors do encourage individual participation
by subject matter experts, even though these meetings are not to be
seen as formal IETF meetings.

The next meeting is May 23-24 in Sophia Antipolis. Subject matter
experts are invited to participate (on personal title).

To register for the meeting, pls read attached ivitation (below).
I assume that an agenda will be posted (relatively soon) to the
jopintnm mailing list. Also note that you can leave the questions
about ETSI membership blank.

Bert Wijnen
Area Director Operations and Management
                  in body of email: subscribe JOINTNM (YourFirstName
YourLastName)
  More information about all the listserv options at:
     http://www.etsi.org/userguides/listserv/members/
     </userguides/listserv/members/>
  If you have any problem, pls contact: marcello.pagnozzi@etsi.fr

The first meeting one took place in Sophia Antipolis on 16 March 2000.
The report is at:
        www.etsi.org
  from their homepage following the route:
        ETSI bodies
        Tiphon
        Tiphon documents and reports
        document
        tiphon
        05-20003-Sophia
        17TD211 (this is it)
  Note that all "Tiphon" and "TMN" documents are accessible without a
  password if the above route is followed (They are the only such ETSI
  bodies). If you access via "docbox" , this requires ETSI registration,
  user id, etc...

------------------ invitation for May 24/25 meeting -----------------
Sophia-Antipolis, 12 April 2000
To the members of the JOINTNM list

Invitation to the Joint group of Network Management Meeting #2
to be held from 24 May to 25 May 2000 hosted by ETSI TMN in Sophia-Antipolis

Dear Colleague,
On behalf of Frank Peeters [francois.c.peeters@alcatel.be],
Chairman of ETSI TMN, ETSI has the pleasure to inform you of the
arrangements
for the above-mentioned meeting.

ADDRESS OF THE MEETINGCONTACT NUMBERS DURING THE MEETINGETSI
650 Route des Lucioles06921 Sophia AntipolisFrance
Phone:  +33 492 94 42 00 (switchboard)Fax:    +33 493 65 47 16

The meeting will start on 24 May at 09:00 and end on 25 May 2000 at 17:30.
Registration will take place on the first day of the meeting between 08:30
and 09:00
FOR DETAILS ON HOW TO PROVIDE DOCUMENTS FOR THE MEETING SEE PAGE 2
The secretary responsible of this meeting is Sabine Beauvois whom you may
contact
for any administrative arrangements.
Tel: +33 (0)4 92 94 43 28
Fax: +33 (0)4 92 38 5228
E-mail: sabine.beauvois@etsi.fr
Please return the registration form preferably before 14 May 2000.
I look forward to seeing you in Sophia Antipolis.

Yours Sincerely

Marcello PagnozziTechnical Officer

Annexed: How to submit a document Registration form (to fill in and return)

IMPORTANT
ETSI do normally use electronic working i.e. we will make available a
directory
on our server where documents submitted could be stored.
http://docbox.etsi.org/Tech-Org/TMN/document/tmn/06-JOINTNM/Meet%232%202000_
05-Sophia/
as soon documents are available on the file server you can download them
without
needing any password, documents available before the start of the meeting
will not
be provided in paper copy.
In addition you can find there a wide range of useful information,
how to get to ETSI premises, list of hotels at special rates
(please use them only for meetings in ETSI premises), how meetings in ETSI
work...
* Delegates who would rather work with paper documents are requested to
bring
  their owns, i.e. download and print.
* During the meeting the documents will be available in electronic format
  on "docbox" (the above mentioned directory) and accessible via the meeting

  network or the Internet.
* Self service PCs with access to the network are available for delegates.
* You may log onto the ETSI network if you have a LAN card on your portable
PC.
  For assistance see: http://www.etsi.org/helpdesk/FAQMeetingsNetwork.htm
* For documents produced during the meeting, paper copies will be provided
by
  the secretary in charge of the meeting (Sabine Beauvois) upon request.

To SUBMIT documents for this meeting just send your documents to
marcello.pagnozzi@etsi.fr who will arrange for the numbering and uploading.

REGISTRATION FORMFOR THE ETSI JOINT Network Management group Meeting #2
24 May to 25 May 2000IN SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS

FILL IN THIS FORM AND SEND IT PREFERABLY BY 14 May 2000
TO: sabine.beauvois@etsi.fr     Fax: +33 (0)4 92 38 5228

Title:                          Ms    Mrs     Mr   Other

PARTICIPANT'S FAMILY NAME:

PARTICIPANT'S FIRST NAME:

COMPANY NAME:

Representing ETSI Member (If not just leave it blank):

Organization normally attended:

Role (chairman, delegate, etc..)

Mailing address:

Switchboard phone number:

Your extension number:

Fax number:

Your E-mail address:

Will you bring your laptop?             Yes                   No

Date of arrival:

Date of departure:

I hereby confirm my intention to participate in this meeting.

Signature

P.S.: Participation to the meeting does not imply any meeting fee,
      you just need to arrange for your own expenses (hotel, travel, etc..).