From: Randy Bush [mailto:randy@psg.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2001 10:30 AM
To: IETF OandM Area
Subject: chairs may want to do administrivia

O&M WG chairs,

Now that the IETF meeting is over it's a good time to review working
group
charters and milestones.  Many working groups had charter-related
discussions in Minneapolis.  Some looked at how well along they were
in
meeting their milestones and others discussed adding new tasks to
their
charters (or in some cases removing an old task that looks like it
will
never get done)

Milestone updates can be done, with AD concurrence, by sending mail
iesg-secretary@ietf.org - so if you think that milestone updates are
in
order please let us know and if we agree to the new dates send a note
with
a CC to us to iesg-secretary@ietf.org.  Note also that you can (and
should)
send requests to mark completed milestones "done" as that happens.

Charter changes are a bit harder. The ADs have to agree and so does
the
IESG (with advice from the IAB).  So if you think that charter
changes are
needed please let us know what you would like to change and why.
Also
please include a proposed revised charter.  We will take a look and
if we
agree we will pass the request on to the IESG.

We would like all WG chairs to respond even if they do not think that
any
changes are needed (and the milestones are up to date)

thanks
	Bert and Rand