OPS-NM at LISA - dec 2001

All,

As we have discussed in our OPS Area Open meeting in London,
we were going to try to have some more meetings with real
network operators.

We have already announced an OPS-NM Interim on Oct 2-3
co-located with (and hosted by) RIPE NCC in Prague. This
gives us the opportunity to interact with European operators.
If you want to participate, you must register with
bwijnen@lucent.com asap, because we only haved limited space.
Pls mention that you want to attend OPS-NM in Prague, and
explain why you want to participate and how you can contribute.

We also have been talking with the organisers of LISA (the
Large Systems Administrators conference) to see if we can
have a session at their conference so that we can speak with
Large System (Network) Administrators, many of whom are more
actibe in the Enterprise as opposed to core ISPs.

The current thinking is that we can have a BOF on Wed evening,
December 5th, from 7-11pm in SanDiego. People who only attend
this "IETF NM meets LISA BOF" will probably not have to pay a
fee. If you want to use this opportiunity to attend LISA, then
of course you would have to pay their registration fees.
Information on the conference is at:

   http://www.usenix.org/events/lisa2001/activities.html

We would like to know asap, who from IETF NM people is
willing to travel to this BOF so that we can have a usefull
discussion. Pls send a short email to bwijnen@lucent.com
if you plan to attend. Based on the response, we will
decide if we go forward. I hope we can decide by Sept 27th.

Bert.
co-AD for IETF Operations and Management Area