Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-ops-03.txt

On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 Internet-Drafts@ietf.org wrote:
> A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line
> Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the
> IPv6 Operations Working Group of the IETF.
>
> 	Title		: Survey of IPv4 Addresses in Currently Deployed IETF
>                           Operations & Management Area Standards
> 	Author(s)	: P. Nesser II, A. Bergstrom
> 	Filename	: draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-ops-03.txt
> 	Pages		: 0
> 	Date		: 2003-10-2
> A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-v6ops-ipv4survey-ops-03.txt

I won't have time to do a second complete review of this document,
so I would suggest that any OPS area experts who can should read it
over.  I did notice a couple of small things:

- the sub-section headings in Section 3 need to be renumbered.

- the text for RFCs 2665 and 2668 could be improved a bit (apologies
to the author for not catching this earlier).  Here are the
suggestions.

In this section:

| 5.073 RFC 2665 Definitions of Managed Objects for the
|       Ethernet-like Interface Types
|
| There are no IPv4 dependencies in this specification.
|
| Note that this specification is Obsoleted.

s/is Obsoleted/has been replaced by RFC 3635/

In this section:

| 5.075 RFC 2668 Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3 Medium
|       Attachment Units (MAUs)
|
| There are no IPv4 dependencies in this specification.

add the following sentence:

+ Note that this specification has been replaced by RFC 3636.

Alternatively, the document could just refer to 3635 and 3636. It's
not terribly important either way because there are no IPv4
dependencies to confront.

//cmh