RE: Review: IESG Agenda and Package for January 22, 2004 Telechat

Dan writes/asks:
> >   o draft-jones-opsec-03.txt
> >     Operational Security Requirements for IP Network Infrastructure
> >     (BCP) - 2 	of 2
> >     Token: Steve Bellovin
>
> To what extent is this document
> (http://www.ietf.cnri.reston.va.us/internet-drafts/draft-jones
> -opsec-03.txt - on the IESG agenda tomorrow) known and was it
> reviewed in the Operations and Management Area?

Well, it went through a 4-week IETF Last Call, so everyone in IETF
should/could have seen it.

It has been reviewed on OPS-Directorate list, and we are evaluating
feedback we received through that path.

And of course, my posting of the IESG agenda to the MIB Doctors list
enocurages the OPS NM folk to review documents from a NM perspective.

> Although it has been categorized to belong in the Security Area it
> has quite a consistent amount of REQUIREMENTS related to
> management. As the document is supposed to become a BCP, and
> it also establishes as one of the goals to become 'a  basis
> for testing and certification of security features of
> networked products', I think that it deserves a close look
> from the management community.

Yep.

> I am still reading through it. It does include very useful
> stuff, but it may also have some problems - for example with
> the very crisp approach wrt. to in-band management.

Let me know your review results. And if any other NM-folk have
review comments, by all means please DO send them.

Bert