RE: I-D ACTION:draft-farrel-rtg-manageability-requirements-00.txt

Hi,

Just a point.
I disagree that the S in FCAPS manageability is already addressed by
Security Considerations.
Considering security for a technology and for the security of the
management of the technology are different topics.
The Security Considerations for a routing protocol might discuss
potential man-in-the-middle and DoS attacks for the routing protocol.
The Management Security  (fcapS) Considerations might recommend
protecting specific counters or config objects identified for
management.

David Harrington
dbharrington@comcast.net
co-chair SNMPv3 WG, concluded