To: "Adrian Farrel" <adrian@olddog.co.uk>
Cc: "David Kessens" <david.kessens@nokia.com>; "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <dromasca@avaya.com>; <ops-area@ops.ietf.org>; "Avri Doria" <avri@acm.org>; "'Jean Philippe Vasseur'" <jvasseur@cisco.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 2:55 PM
Subject: Re: Requirements for manageability in the routing area

On Wed, 12 Jul 2006, Adrian Farrel wrote:
- It would be good to have formal output from the 'experiment' so
that the wider IETF (and in particular the IESG) can judge the
results and decide about applying the idea more widely. Of course
there are many ways to provide this feedback, but it seemed to me
that 3933 has a suitable framework.

Maybe we should do a staged approach -- after experience from PCE, propose a 3933 experiment to be done on more WGs. Or alternatively, do a 3933 experiment _now_ on more WGs (say about 5-10). Deciding the results of a 3933 experiment based on one or two WGs raises the question whether the size of "N" is large enough..