RE: Final pass on BOF issues for -01

Vulnerabilities published at CERT are ONLY published
when the vendor announces to CERT (usually after they have released a tested
patch).

As a BARE minimum vendors MUST provide equipment that does not
have any well know vulnerabilities (where well known can be defined as CERT
published).

Case in point: Buy an xp or windows 2k system this week and you will almost
certainly get one that
has the dcom vulnerabilty. I know 3 of my friends have had me come clean
their brand new computer:-)

How can the vendors fix that? Provide cd's or at least instructions
to the stores selling the product.

If !(got packets) then (headers_will_have_2_do == 1)
http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xAF00EDCC
pgpFingerPrint:9CE4 227B B9B3 601F B500  D076 43F1 0767 AF00 EDCC