Re: PADS BOF minutes?

Hello Rüdiger,

>From a provider's view incompatibility with NSIS is a major
>drawback. Further I think that the signaling protocol itself
>won't differ that much. So in my view the NSIS and PADS
>signaling protocol must be basically the same.

Following the WG NSIS, their protocol is based on RSVP (2205 and 2961). I
mean that every signaling entites on the signaling path ( which are tied to
data path)  must be signaling-aware.

For us, the path-decoupled signaling path can go directly from one signaling
entity to another (eg edge router -> service management center -> egde
router...) without processing of intermediate signaling entities ? Do you
mean that we can use NSIS protocol transparently (without knowing it) and we
don't care how it is, we are only interested in the first point and the last
point of signaling  ?

Regards

Nary Tra

PhD Student