RE: making psamp export congestion-aware

Jen,

A couple questions about the proposal

* In general I think the concept is great of allowing a protocol like UDP to
be used with a higher level congestion aware protocol to handle the backoff.
However, from past conversations (with Randy) on this topic my understanding
is that the goal of IETF's mandate in this area is to push protocols like
TCP/SCTP/etc. since it protects the internet from service providers that
might otherwise blast out UDP.  Proposals within IPFIX context to use rate
limiting were dismissed since it was too easy for service providers to
mis-configure that or to never enable it altogether.  The final comment was
that there might cases where a service provider might desire a stateless
protocol like UDP within their network (maybe it is an internal network for
mgmt data) but that IETF does not standardize protocols for that
environment.
	-- Doesn't this proposal suffer in that it is to easy for service providers
to not enable your mechanism and therefore end up getting to happily use UDP
without any controls forced on them ?

* In the past I have heard many service providers indicate they really don't
want boxes like a collector changing configuration of the router through
MIB/CLI especially if they are designed by 3rd party vendors.  Do you see
this as a concern with this proposal ?

Will