Re: draft on sampling techniques

At 02:20 PM 9/20/2002 +0200, Juergen Quittek wrote:
>Tanja,
>
>I support this.
>
>The current version of your I-D already contains a lot of
>background material that you can use as basis for an information
>model of smapling and filtering.
>
>And the information model is what can be standardized, not the
>background material.
>
>So if you can provide such a model in your I-D, I consider
>it good progress.

agreed.

One other (old) issue is the packet information deliverable.
If we are going to simply extract the first N bytes of the packet,
then we don't need a whole RFC to say that.  I would like
this to be part of the packet selector spec, as the charter
suggests.  If we end up doing more than the first N bytes,
then I think a separate RFC is appropriate.

>   Juergen

Andy