RE: Link layer headers in reports?

At 04:18 PM 11/26/2002 -0500, albert@research.att.com wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Exporting the first n bytes, including the encapsulation headers, would
>suffice.
>Stripping out all the encapsulation headers does not.
>
>To get utility from the packet header sample, you need to have
>associations that tell you which stream was sampled.

Agreed -- at a minimum, an integer identifying the sample stream
and an integer identifying the sample (sequence ID) would be
included.  There's probably more fields that a minimal implementation
would include, like maybe a capture timestamp, or the actual length of
the captured packet.  These details are still TBD.

>-- Albert

Andy