WG last call on Sampling and Filtering Techniques until March 12

Dear all,

Tanja has submitted a new version of our document on Sampling and
Filtering Techniques for IP Packet Selection.  Please find it at
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-06.txt>.

The document in mature enough for entering WG last call.
The call will end on March 12.  This allows us bringing up and
discussing comments and issues also at our session in Minneapolis.

Please read the document carefully and comment on it.

PLEASE ALSO COMMENT IF YOU THINK THE DOCUMENT IS FINE.
Positive feedback is as welcome as comment on technical flaws and
editorial nits.

There is one open technical issue left that we should continue
discussing and try to close during last call.  The document describes
the need to support hash functions for packet selection and for
packet digest.  We agreed already, that for each of them one hash
function should be mandatory to implement.  Currently it is IPSX
for packet selection and CRC32 for packet digest.

However, a discussion recently started on this list considered
replacing both (as mandatory to implement) by the BOB hash function.
We have not reached consensus on this issue.

Thanks,

    Juergen
--
Juergen Quittek        quittek@netlab.nec.de       Tel: +49 6221 90511-15
NEC Europe Ltd.,       Network Laboratories        Fax: +49 6221 90511-55