Re: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

> I agree that attribute number space needs to be expanded, but
> I wonder how useful it is to do a redesign of the packet and
> attribute formats to cater for larger lengths. Seems like its
> a pretty big change, and if you need that, you'd have to
> worry about full transport reliability as well. If you
> willing to do such a big change, maybe its time to move
> to another protocol...

I'd agree.  The goal is to do the absolute minimum work necessary to
enable IP telephony and WLAN applications.  It's even somewhat of a
stretch to argue that attribute extension is required to accomplish that,
since there are more than enough attributes still to be allocated to
accomodate any that would be necessary for the work that is described.