Re: Subtypes

Alan DeKok wrote:
Avi Lior <avi@bridgewatersystems.com> wrote:

I doubt that the SIP folks would support not using what they have in the
draft already.  But I will let them voice their objections (or not).

  The Sterman draft is outdated, and subject to MITM attacks.  I doubt
that it will be accepted as-is, as an IETF draft.  It will need to be
updated, and implementations will follow suit.

As discussed in IETF-58, it will probably also have to support full digest, and not just one algorithm. I don't know if this implies the attributes have to be significantly changed, if the design is good then probably not. But I am sure that there are at least some changes to the Sterman draft before it is applicable for all SIP users, and up to the level required from a PS RFC.

--Jari