From AAA server point of view, the QoS attributes MUST be generic enough, like authentication/authorization, to satisfy all the needs for all types (e.g., application, transport) of calls (e.g., SIP, IPSec/TLS). This is our challenge in creating the common QoS attributes standard for the AAA server.

Hope that others will also add to this.

Radhika

-----Original Message-----
From: john.loughney@nokia.com [mailto:john.loughney@nokia.com]
Sent: Sunday, January 04, 2004 3:52 AM
To: Roy, Radhika R, ALABS; jari.arkko@piuha.net;
Madjid.Nakhjiri@motorola.com
Cc: avi@bridgewatersystems.com; radiusext@ops.ietf.org
Subject: RE: QoS attributes

Roy, Avi,

I am getting quite confused by this discussion.  Could I ask what
we are actually discussing?  RADIUS/Diameter are not signaling
protocols, they are AAA protocols.  RADIUS/Diameter should not
transport QoS information.  My expectation is that they
would be involved in authorization for QoS for some services,
but doing more would seem to be out of scope for AAA protocols.

Am I missing something?

John