RE: Potential work items

Avi Lior writes...

> Great!!! I was saying that all along.  Prepaid is exactly that so is
the
> Sterman draft.
> Both of these are add on applications.  They both need specialized
code in
> the RADIUS server to perform their Authentication/Authorization.

My ears prick up when you say "code in the RADIUS server".  If you mean
a separate application (or service) running on the same host as the
RADIUS Server application, and communicating tot eh RADIUS Server via
some API, then fine.

If you mean that the code is integral to the RADIUS Server application
and the parser code that understands RADIUS attributes also needs to
understand the "opaque" messages, then maybe not so fine.

If the "opaque" message format is not documented as part of, or an
extension to, RADIUS or Diameter, then it follows the EAP precedent.

-- Dave