RE: Bof at next IETF?

John,
Thanx for the reply.

First I will highlight this:
You said:
> And how do all of these related to the proposed charter and
> what is the current support for including this work in the
> WG?  These are the kind of discussions which are needed, imo.

So how is *not* having a BOF going to help progress this further?

Other comments are inline.

Well, I can live with that but why hold us to a higher mark then say other
WGs.

> > And can you please comment on how much work will be done if there
> > wasn't a working group vs. how much work will be done if
> there was a
> > working group?
>
> Should it make a difference? What extra does a WG do to make
> the work happen?

In my opinion tons of difference.  For one it creates an open place where
people can talk/comment about related topics.  But I guess some folks behave
around here as if this is a closed community.

> > As well, in 58 8 to 10 people have agreed to do the majority of the
> > work. Is this not enough?
>
> My understanding was that progress on the drafts was expected
> and discussion on the charter was to take place so that a
> draft charter could be sent to the IESG.  We really haven't
> discussed the charter.

Regarding the Charter.  There were discussions. And a tone of discussion on
subtypes and other related issues.

>But at the last meeting, I remember
> that a significant number of people thought it would be best
> for the WG to be AAA Extensions, not just RADIUS extensions,
> but we haven't discussed that on the mailing list.

Not exactly my recollection at all.  First and foremost it was a RADIUS
gathering.  We did agree to consider whether this should also be a Diameter
extension group.  I wouldn't characterise it as a significant number of
people.

But who cares.  Why should this minor point stall us?