RE: FW: HTTP digest and RADIUS; new version of the Sterman draft

Thank you for the reply.  Here is my follow up.

Can you show me in either sterman or lior where we are adding a new type to
RADIUS?

The encoding used for the string attributes may be functinally equivalent to
a Grouped attribute but its not the same because we are not seeking to
create a new attribute. If we were creating a grouped type then code would
have to change because RADIUS dictionaries know about string and don't know
about Grouped AVPs.

So specifically, sterman/lior do not break RADIUS dictionaries. Right?

Passing this attributes over a proxy chain today will not create a problem
right?  No new code would have to be introduced to handle these attributes.

I wish to debate the pros and cons of introducing an Grouped AVPs but I
don't want that debate to get in the way of the specific case. (At least in
this email).