RE: RADEXT charter, Take 8

Comment on Jari's prepaid.

> > - Pre-paid support.  Prepaid services are contemplated in a number
> >   of potential applications, including wireless LAN access and IP
> >   telephony.  In order to enable support of pre-paid services in an
> >   interoperable way, the WG will provide definitions of the
> >   attributes required to support operator service models for
> >   pre-paid, as documented in liaison communications.  Support
> >   will be included for time, volume, and event oriented charging
> >   as well as support for limited differential charging.
> >   This document will be compatible with Diameter Credit Control.
>
> Question to prepaid experts: how compatible? 100%, or is
> there some function in RADIUS prepaid or Diameter prepaid
> that is not being planned for the other? I hope the basic
> models are compatible at least.

Nothing is ever 100% compatible ;-)

As stated before, we are trying to keep the number of features and
variations for the RADIUS prepaid document down so that we can achieve the
milestone set by the charter.
The approach taken would allow someone else to build on this work by
issueing a new RFC.

I am okay with the wording except the "Event Oriented Charging" seems to be
new.  That is in Diameter CC and not in this one.  The Differential charging
(if I understand it correctly) can easily be addressed.

The two prepaid approaches (this one and diameter) share a common model. I
had already received comments to that effect from serveral people who are
quite interested in having equivalent functionality.  So we will keep
working on this while maintaining the schedule.

Hope this helps.

Avi