RE: RADEXT charter, Take 8

Thanx Joel,

Just to make it perfectly clear, that in both the Sterman Draft and Perpaid
draft we are absolutely *not* introducing a new RADIUS attribute type.  What
we are doing is encoding the information in an attribute of type String.
Since Strings are supported by RADIUS dictionaries all intermediaries can
process the attribute at least to that level.

In both Prepaid and Sterman, and in similar cases such as EAP, there is no
intent for this attribute to be processed by any entity other than the two
end points.

I cant see how this usage breaks RADIUS, nor even that it qualifies to be
discused as a case for requireing a new RADIUS Subtypes.

Looking over previous emails, Randy Bush the said the following about the
Prepaid Draft:
" For
       example, it creates a new RADIUS attribute format including
       support for "sub-attributes," supposedly because the draft
       would otherwise require so many attributes that it would
       exhaust the entire RADIUS attribute space. "

This is absolutely not true.  Neither draft create a new RADIUS attribute
format.  The attribute is of type STRING in both drafts.