RE: Questions about RfC3310 and RADIUS HTTP-Digest

Hi,

One advantage of RADIUS-server-generated nonces is that the
RADIUS client (SIP server/NAS/whatever) can't replay old
exchanges to the AAA server.

That might be useful for normal Digest authentication too,
especially in roaming situations (i.e., RADIUS client and
server don't belong to the same operator). But it does
add a roundtrip, which might be bad..

Best regards,
Pasi