Re: more on bandwidth

Jari, Farid,

My preference would be option 1 (single bandwidth and single burst
size). The NAS tries to provide this bandwidth to the user, but no
more (hence it is min and max at the same time). Later, if there is
a real need for more, an extra bandwidth attribute could be defined
containing the max. However, going for option 3 below immediately
would also be fine for me.

Another concern was that all the attributes *must* be there.
Currently all 4, but I believe that if we would like to have a
solution that can be extended in the future (i.e. adding more
attributes later when there is a real need for it), all attributes
should be optional and only make the presence of attributes a must
when really needed. For instance, it makes no sense to specify a
burst size without bandwidth so if burst size is present also the
bandwidth must be present. This does not apply for 2 bandwidth
parameters: the presence of a min bw does not need a max bw.
Therefore, I also see the encoding of a "dont care" as the attribute
not being present in message.

regards,

Stefaan