Re: Rationalizing the RADIUS data model

Alan DeKok wrote:

  My concern is not that, but implementations which assume that
"vendor-id == 0", means an invalid packet.  There's a reason that the
attribute Id of "0" wasn't assigned.  We probably shouldn't assign a
vendor Id of zero, either.

Yes, I see that this could happen. I agree that a non-zero IETF vendor ID could solve this problem.

But is that all, or should we also be worried about
code changes (not just attribute number changes in
a dictionary) when moving between the vendor, SDO,
and extended IETF attribute space. Seems like it would
be good that a transition from one space to other
does not mean a radical change in the kind of data
types one can use, for instance.

--Jari