RE: Is it okay to break RADIUS? (was RADIUS V2)

Avi Lior writes...

> Right now I don't buy that its okay to break RADIUS.

I don't think anyone is interested in breaking RADIUS.  We still have
language in the charter requiring backwards compatibility with existing
RADIUS RFCs.  We may have simply changed the threshold of what we mean
by "break".

I will also observe that the changes in the pending charter that (a)
emphasize RADIUS/Diameter interoperability and migration, (b) encourage
rationalization of attribute data models and (c) require considerations
for complex data types, were introduced during the IESG review of the
charter.  It is my understanding that these changes are not subject to
WG consensus.

-- Dave