RE: Is it okay to break RADIUS? (was RADIUS V2)

dnelson@enterasys.com wrote:

> We may have simply changed the threshold of what we mean by "break".

Could you please elaborate on this "changed threshold" for breaking RADIUS
comment? I heard from a big network operator that any modification to
existing RADIUS protocol use/ attribute formats is a BIG No No.

>I will also observe that the changes in the pending charter
>that (a) emphasize RADIUS/Diameter interoperability and
>migration, (b) encourage rationalization of attribute data
>models and (c) require considerations for complex data types,
>were introduced during the IESG review of the charter.  It is
>my understanding that these changes are not subject to WG consensus.

Sorry to hear that IETF/IESG may take the direction of NOT listing to what
the industry has to say. It is rather dangerous to let a few people to
decide what the industry will do.

-Kuntal