RE: Comments to "RADIUS Attributes Extension "

Hi David,
Please see my responses inline.  Please let me know if you have any
questions.
BR,
Farid

> Thanks for the quick reply, Farid.
> I see the NAS may need to associate the user with some
> identity. But (using your example) how does a NAS know who is
> 3456@anyisp.com ?

It doesn't.  3456 is a unique identity known to the home operator (i.e.,
anyisp).  NAS associates the user's session with 3456@anyisp.com; the
NAS can refer to the user's session by this identity in future for
example to resolve charging disputes.  The NAS also reports this
identity in accounting request.

> 3456@anyisp.com means nothing.
> Or is it the case that the NAS will use 3456@anyisp.com for
> example to report accounting information to other network
> element, where the mapping 3456@anyisp.com<->"real identity" exists ?

The later one.