RE: Is it okay to break RADIUS? (was RADIUS V2)

I think that David is being quite reasonable in this case, and trying to do what a lot of people (and the IESG) have asked for. While we are all free to have technical concerns about any proposal, that is no reason to pick nits about history when we are actually making progress.

Yours,
Joel

At 09:13 AM 6/15/2004 -0400, Nelson, David wrote:
Avi Lior writes...

> Previous claims that subtypes break radius - "break radius" was tied
> breaking dictionaries.  And I and others agreed that it is not a good
idea
> to break dictionaries.
>
> Note Sterman and prepaid drafts did not break dictionaries because
they
> used
> fundemental RADIUS types.
>
> Now we are breaking radius for real (as you stated) but we don't want
> call it that anymore......hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I did not state that.  Please be more accurate with your attributions.
This whole thread is a "tempest in a teapot", IMHO.

-- Dave