User Identity issues

It occurs to me that this issue is an example of an area in which the
existing RADIUS RFCs are unclear, and therefore one where interoperability
problems may arise.

It therefore seems like an excellent topic for discussion in the "RADIUS
implementation errors and fixes" document.

Anyone care to write up a discussion of the interoperability issues and an
examination of the alternative approaches?

Also, I'd like to collect a list of other similar topic areas, so that we
can make an outline for the document.

Topics that have come up so far include:

a. User-Name usage in Access-Accept
b. Use of State attribute in EAP conversations (e.g. EAP restart)
c. Accounting for re-authentication (e.g. Service-Type=Authenticate-Only)
d. RADIUS retransmission behavior (e.g. backoff)