Re: NAI decoration: User Identity issues

> And then a question from your NAIbis draft editor: does
> this resolve the issue that Farid raised earlier about
> suffix-based decoration being rewritten by proxies and
> then returned in an Access-Accept, causing problems for
> the accounting requests? I think it does, but it seems
> that we may have to, in addition, publish an RFC 3579 errata
> to indicate that returned User-Name attributes should not
> be used for accounting requests. Comments?

I'd say that it is at the descretion of the RADIUS server whether to
return the User-Name in the Access-Accept or not.  If it is returned, the
NAS includes it in accounting requests.  If not, it uses the original
User-Name, + Class + Billable Identity if those are available.  I don't
think there's any need for an RFC 3579 errata.