RE: NAI decoration: User Identity issues

> And if intermediaries decorate this attribute then you have
> re-introduced all the problems that already existed with User-Name.

It would seem to me that in order to function as a billing
reconciliation mechanism (see Roy Albert's response) such an attribute
(User-Alias) MUST NOT be decorated or modified by intermediaries.

Could someone please review the technical (and business) reasons that
State could not serve this requirement?  Is it that State is supposed to
be an opaque object?  Is it that State is not required to contain
printable ASCII suitable for inclusion on billing statements?

-- Dave