Re: IKEv2 issue in RFC2486bis

Oh, and I forgot one more possibility, see below:

From the 10.000 ft point of view, I see the following
possibilities:

o  Decide that support of privacy & international usernames
   is not necessary in IKEv2.

o  Remove the privacy and international username (not domain)
   parts from RFC 2486bis.

o  Change the international username part so that instead of
   UTF-8, it uses a IDN-like ASCII mapping which can represent
   non-ASCII characters but it looks like ASCII to the carrier.
   Either remove the privacy feature or just say it can not
   be used in all carrier protocols.

o  Define the new IKEv2 ID type as Yoshihiro suggests
   below.

o Rely on IKEv2 implementations to not check the contents of the identifier for RFC 822 compliance.

--Jari