Re: Issue with SIP - Need for Message-Authenticator

Thanks for pointing this out Avi.  Here is what it says in Section 5.19 of
RFC 2869:

   An Access-Request that contains either a User-Password or
   CHAP-Password or ARAP-Password or one or more EAP-Message attributes
   MUST NOT contain more than one type of those four attributes.  If it
   does not contain any of those four attributes, it SHOULD contain a
   Message-Authenticator.  If any packet type contains an EAP-Message
   attribute it MUST also contain a Message-Authenticator.

Note that Message-Authenticator is based on HMAC-MD5.  Recent research has
demonstrated collisions in MD5 (though not in HMAC-MD5), so that it may
make sense to define a new attribute that uses a more highly regarded
algorithm, such as HMAC-SHA1.