RFC2486bis issue 10 (Was: Re: Status of open issues?)

It seems that my draft has one issue, #10, marked
as open. It was partially addressed already, but
there's apparently one small thing that needs to
be changed. I have revised the draft and if the WG
agrees with the resolution I will submit it.

Here's what the issue said:

See the snips from formal syntax (In fact they are there in the original RFC as well).

char        =/ "\" x
x           =  %x00-7F ; all 128 ASCII characters, no exception

I suppose that you would want to allow the user name like
"myusername\x0\x1". I'm curious to know  in which cases do we make use
of these combo characters.

I do not know, but I do not want to limit the syntax from the original RFC. Lets leave them as they are.

Doesn't it look consistent if you make the syntax of x to take all 256
includes ASCII and the remaining UTF-8 characters ( i.e., x = %x00-FF)

I think so. I have produced a straman version of draft-ietf-radext-rfc2486bis-01, see:

  http://www.arkko.com/publications/nai/naibisdiff.html

[Ignacio Goyret]

A detail:

c =/ %x60-7a ; 'a'-'z' allowed
^^^^ ^^^

0x60 == '`' (on a US keyboard, it is the key to the left of the '1'
0x61 == 'a'

This has already been corrected in draft-ietf-radext-rfc2486bis-00.txt.

This also looks odd:
c =/ %x26 ; '&et;' allowed
^^^
In USASCII, 0x26 == '&' or '&' in html. Right?

This too.

--Jari