RE: [Sterman Issue 7] Message Authenticator: Options

Avi Lior <> wrote:

> -Will keywrap be ready in time?
> This is important but the authors feel that it is ready to go.
> However, note that Keywrap allows Message-Authentication-Code to
be
> HMAC-MD5 isn't this a problem?

The use of HMAC-MD5 is optional and included just for ease of
transition.  It is _not_ required by the draft; if you like, we can
add text to the Security Considerations section deprecating its use
(or even remove it altogether -- I have no problem with that).

> Your comments and opinion would be appreciated.
>
> Avi

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by
simply
  listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel