RE: draft-ietf-geopriv-radius-lo-01.txt - CDMA operator-name prefix

Joel, et'al,

Comments inline.

Cheers,
	Jouni

The Operator-name attribute originates from the GSM operator WLAN roaming
community. They have great interest to reuse current existing GSM/GPRS roaming
billing model & systems -- that are rather huge these days. In that context
TADIG code is important as it is used to identify operators, roaming partners
and such for roaming billing.

There are similar things for e.g. CDMA roaming. I'm currently digging it
out (I don't really have too much knowledge about CIBER based roaming
billing systems).

> 2) If it is important to use other name spaces, then an
> explanation of why
> it is needed ought to be included.  And the community that
> wants their name
> space useable ought to make their registry publicly readable.

Agree. I could(?) write a bit text for that. Unfortunately the publicy
issue of these roaming specs and procedures is somewhat out of our hands.
Those specs are usually freely usable etc but just not too easily reachable
for organizations outside the operator camp.

> 3) At the very least, it is necessary to explicitly and normatively
> reference the GSM Association Permanent Reference Document.

Agree.