RE: Issue 39: Backward Compatibility of Filter Attributes

Bernard Aboba writes...

> A simpler way to handle backward compatibility would be to define a
> "Capabilities" attribute that would contain the Type values
> for all new attributes that the NAS supports.

I think this is a *great* idea.  I suggest that we name it the
Capabilities-Advertisement attribute.  It would also be useful (although
not absolutely required) to describe how to format a similar attribute
in the VSA space, for vendors that wish to advertise their VSA support
in a standardized fashion.  I assume that such a
VSA-Capabilities-Advertisement attribute would be handled similarly to
the VSA, in that it would include the vendor ID tag.

We might wish to use this approach in the CUI draft, where we are
currently debating the issue of capabilities advertisement.