Re: CUI multi-session

On Mon, Dec 20, 2004 at 11:19:22AM +0200, jouni.korhonen@teliasonera.com wrote:

> One of the intended additional uses for CUI (at least in our roaming
> scenarios)
> at the home AAA is indeed to be able to help correlating related
> (shorter)
> accounting sessions into longer "user experienced session" -- e.g.
> something
> acct-multi-session-id could also be used for but extended to multiple
> disconnect & reconnect cases as well.

I will point out, again, that the home server does not need CUI to do
this, since Class has all the necessary properties and is supported now.
Further, I maintain that home servers SHOULD NOT use CUI for this as
unless the NAS/proxy has included a null CUI in the Access-Request there
is no reason to expect that CUI is supported.

The only justification for CUI as a new attribute is the case where the
NAS or proxy owner demands an identifier that can be tied to the home
user.

--
Barney Wolff         http://www.databus.com/bwresume.pdf
I'm available by contract or FT, in the NYC metro area or via the 'Net.