RE: Scope of applicability for CUI

David,

I haven't had my coffee yet, so maybe that adds to my confusion,
but ..

> I wonder if we are using the word "transparent" in a similar fashion?
> My argument is that the format and syntax of the CUI be standardized.
> That is what I means by transparent.  I mean that it is possible for the
> NAS or Proxy to parse the CUI attribute and do something with the
> content, such as export it to a local backup accounting system.
> Reconciliation of accounting/billing information between intermediaries
> and home AAA operators has been listed as one of the use cases for CUI.
> In that event, the intermediaries need to be able to know what form it
> takes.
>
> It does not, of course, mean that having the CUI "parsed" will remove
> any of the privacy.  The fact that I can look at a CUI of the form
> temp-user-id-4732875092384082309480923@example.com does not assist me in
> mapping that CUI to the human user behind it.  Ostensibly, only the Home
> AAA Server can do that.

Is there a need or use fo have the attribute be parsable by the NAS or
Proxy?  I guess you are worried that if there is no standardized format,
it could be used at some point in the future to carry other information
not related to CUI uses; but as currently defined, I don't see the issue
of needing a standard format and syntax for CUI.

John