RE: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-radext-filter

As the PROTO Document Shepherd on this draft, it's my job to facilitate
IESG issue resolution.  Please take a moment to review the DISCUSS issue
resolution described here.  If you think this is OK, please reply to the
list.  If you think there is a better resolution please provide
alternate text.

Thanks!

Dave Nelson

> Here is a proposed resolution to the IESG DISCUSS comment provided
below:

> In Section 4, change:
>
> "   Note that a translated Diameter message can be larger than the
>    maximum RADIUS packet size (4096).  Where a Diameter/RADIUS gateway
>    receives a Diameter message containing a NAS-Filter-Rule AVP that
is
>    too large to fit into a RADIUS packet, the Diameter/RADIUS gateway
>    will respond to the originating Diameter peer with the
>    DIAMETER_INVALID_AVP_LENGTH error (5014), and with a Failed-AVP AVP
>    containing the NAS-Filter-Rule AVP.  Since repairing the error will
>    probably require re-working the filter rules, the originating peer
>    should treat the combination of a DIAMETER_INVALID_AVP_LENGTH error
>    and a Failed-AVP AVP containing a NAS-Filter-Rule AVP as a terminal
>    error."

> "  Note that a translated Diameter message can be larger than the
>    maximum RADIUS packet size (4096).  Where a Diameter/RADIUS gateway
>    receives a Diameter message containing a NAS-Filter-Rule AVP that
is
>    too large to fit into a RADIUS packet, the Diameter/RADIUS gateway
>    will respond to the originating Diameter peer with a Result-Code
AVP